Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Week 8 (1st transfer)


Well a great last week of the 1st Transfer. The Elders in the Carlsbad zone drove down in the mission van to play the Del Mar Elders in basketball. It was so much fun but we killed them. We drove by Sea Bluff and the Donut Shop. So this week me and Elder Smith fixed 9 flat tires, it was terrible. Transfer calls came and Elder Smith will be leaving me and i will be getting a new companion tonight at transfer meeting. I met Leland last night, he is 13 and has a condition where his bones are  soft and he has no strength. So he wears a full body cast and is in a wheel chair all the time. But we just visited and talked with him for about half hour and he is such an inspiration, he doesnt let that condition stop him he swims and does karate and is just the happiest kid. It really made me appreciate what i have been blessed with in my life and made me realize i cant complain and when i do complain there are people everywhere who have it worse.
So i have about 15 minutess of email time today cause its just a packed day so i will answer everyones email next week sorry. but "Boys get sent foreign to become men. Men get sent stateside to become leaders". Not trying to offend anyone just the people here are not the most humble at all and its tough. But i am working hard and trying to shape myself into the person that Heavenly Father wants me to be. "True love requires sacrifice" is a quote that really stuck out to me this past week. The biggest sacrifice ever was Heavenly Father sending his Son here on earth to suffer and die for us. I cant even imagine how hard that must of been for him but being out serving a mission has made me appreciate that sacrafice so much. Sorry i couldnt email much this week but love and miss you all.
ps i got my first hard part in my hair lol

No comments:

Post a Comment