Monday, October 26, 2015

Week 15

Well to start off i am very glad to hear the trophy is staying at home.(Franklin beat Coronado in football in the westside bowl last week) haha i do miss football a lot. But this week was solid. We got some sweet surfing pointers from one of our members who has been surfing since forever. Cant wait to try out his tips lol.

A scripture that really stood out to me this week was Alma 46:12-13. "In memory of our God, our religion, and freedom, and our peace, our wives, and our children". Even as a missionary it is very easy to see all the evil in this world. It is so important for us all to stand up for what we believe in and defend what we believe in. It can be small and simple, but mostly just by being an example is how we do that. Dont be afraid of what others will think or say of you. 
 
 
{This week he also sent us a paper letter in the mail heres some exerpts}
 
Carlsbad is RAD! My area is all of Carlsbad and part of Oceanside.  Missionary work is super hard but when you have a good ATTITUDE it is easier and fun.Carlsbad is mostly white people and Spanish work is really really hard here but we are doing the best that we can.  I LOVE the ard that I am in.   Its a bilingual ward so there are a lot of English speaking families that joined it to make a stronger ward.  the members are great and it feels like family now. Im getting close with the Smith, Crump, Moreno and Espinoza families in our ward that live in Carlsbad.  They are awesome.I really love being a missionary.  A few weeks back I got on the scale in our apartment and it was the first time in my life where I thought to myself "Dang im getting FAT!" Shocking I know! The scale read 197.7!!!!!!! this food is so fattening Hispanics sure know how to cook though! Beans, Rice, tortillas ans Salsa! But don't worry I cut back and started working out more and eating better  im already back down to 190!  (He left at 176)
 
 
 
 
(A few weeks ago he asked me to send him some Romney shirts for some missionaries, I got on amazon and found some)
Yep, this is what they wanted the shirts for....
Steven, Anchor and myself. The blonde hair blue eyes Spanish speaking clowns!
Dinner at the Crumps house

No comments:

Post a Comment